Let’s start with some basics:
- 1. Where did you go to school? Oklahoma State University
- What or who led or inspired you to become a superintendent? Started working on a course when I was 15 during the summers. Worked on a couple of courses during my time in the US Navy. Once I was discharged, I came back home and went to OSU and made it a career.
- Are you married, single or somewhere in-between? Been married to my lovely wife Kelli for 25 years.
- Do you have children, and if so, how many? I have 3 girls. Haleigh 30, McKenzie 19, and Jayce 17. I also have a grandson
- Do you have pets? We have 2 dogs. Moose, a yellow Lab, that works with me at the course and Lolo, a Jack Russell terrier.
- What is your biggest challenge at your golf course? Finding enough summer help that wants to work. I’m sure I’m not the only one with this issue. The hot and humid summers in Tulsa, Oklahoma, aren’t great either.
- What do you love most about your job or your facility? The people. We have a great relationship with the golf shop, and my crew is like my second family.
- What’s the best round of golf you ever played and where? Although it wasn’t a great round of golf scoring wise, I’d have to say Cypress Point.
- Next, to golf and your family, what’s your favorite way to spend your free time? I would say coaching high school girls’
basketball, but I recently retired from the coaching ranks. I coached varsity girls, basketball, and golf for 10 years. Now, that that’s over, I’m sure I’ll spend some time with my wife and enjoy some free time for a change. Maybe do some traveling.