Colorbiotics engineers have built upon more than two decades of innovations from the best-selling Sahara® line of coloring equipment and added new technologies to create the Sahara XP mulch coloring system. The XP is the toughest, most intelligent model in the Sahara X series, making it the most advanced mulch coloring equipment on the market.
“We are proud of our Sahara line, and mulch producers have been extremely happy with the machine advancements over 20-plus years,” said Kent Rotert, vice president of Colorbiotics. “The XP encompasses the best of all other Sahara models and incorporates new technology that will truly set Colorbiotics customers apart from their competition.”
Among Sahara XP features is the Global Equipment Management (GEM) Studio v4 technology, introduced in late 2021, providing more control over the coloring process. Additional standard offerings are designed for lasting color quality and consistency during long production runs. Other features maximize output, reduce machine wear, enhance safety, improve extreme-weather performance, and make routine cleaning and maintenance easier for on-site operators.
Customizable options include hopper size, motor horsepower, auxiliary pump, and cold-weather package.
“There is nothing else like it in the industry,” Rotert said. “Our engineers applied everything they’ve heard from users over the years — what they need and what their pain points are — and hit it out of the park. We’re excited to get the XP to customers’ yards so they can see what it can do.”
Specific features of the Sahara XP include:
- The new GEM Studio operating system captures a continuous stream of production data and actively calculates information in real-time. Insights gathered can be used to improve products on the spot, and a user-centered interface is simple for new teammates to learn.
- A belt feed hopper that controls the mulch feed into the mixing chamber, so every piece follows the same path from the hopper to the pile, and at the exact rate specified by the operator.
- A mulch conditioner that de-clumps mulch pieces in the hopper and helps meter the flow of material into the mixing chamber based on a selected recipe.
- Colorbiotics’ patented “push and pull” process keeps the machine’s blades turning in one consistent direction to conserve energy, while the combination of blades throws mulch in all directions to maximize retention time.
- A specially designed mixing chamber that helps reduce wear and tear on blades and liners, decreasing maintenance costs over the lifetime of a machine.
- On-demand atomizer nozzles that use the water in a set color recipe to knife the colorant into the smallest possible particles. The microscopic size of those particles then provides complete coverage across wood fibers.
- Nozzles that self-clean in all weather conditions and temperatures and that can be controlled remotely from inside a loader.
The Sahara XP can produce 100 to 350 cubic yards per hour, and the end product will have a consistent color across hours, days, weeks, or even seasons.
“This machine is built for operations that run long hours and supply a lot of mulch,” Rotert said. “We’ve worked to make it easier for our customers to deliver the highest-quality product most efficiently, and to make the process easier for operators. We believe we’ve accomplished all of that.”
For more information on the new Sahara XP from Colorbiotics, visit saharaxp.com.
Colorbiotics, headquartered in Ames, Iowa, has been innovating products that enhance the beauty of homes, businesses, parks, and athletic facilities for more than 30 years. Colorbiotics is the industry leader in the science behind landscape colorant, recreation surfaces, and the equipment that makes them better. As part of the MBCC Group, Colorbiotics is also transforming asphalt production and construction with environmentally friendly additives that restore the flexibility of RAP and extend service life. For more information on markets and applications, visit www.colorbiotics.com.
ABOUT MBCC GROUP
The MBCC Group is one of the leading suppliers of construction chemicals and solutions worldwide and has emerged from the carve-out of the former BASF Construction Chemicals business from BASF Group. We offer innovative, sustainable products and solutions for the construction industry across different sectors, such as buildings, structures, underground construction, new construction, and renovation. Our strong brands Master Builders Solutions®, PCI®, Thermotek®, Wolman®, Colorbiotics®, and Watson Bowman Acme® are well established in the marketplace. With our innovations, we address sustainability challenges in the industry. MBCC Group consists of approximately 70 legal entities worldwide and is home to around 7,500 construction experts in more than 60 countries. For more information, go to: www.mbcc-group.com.