October 30, 2015 – Cub Cadet unveiled a wide range of new products, including a gasless line of handheld equipment, the first fuel-injected lawn tractor and a commercial zero-turn mower.
Cub Cadet Powered by CORE (Conductor-Optimized Rotary Energy) is a new line of handheld power equipment that uses sophisticated CORE motor technology to deliver more torque with longer runtimes.
“With zero emissions, little noise and torque levels equal to two-cycle engines, Cub Cadet Powered by CORE brings a new level of power to outdoor power equipment like string trimmers, hedge trimmers and blowers,” said Emily Sword, Cub Cadet director of brand marketing. “Now owners of these products can get all the muscle of gas with none of the hassle.”
With printed circuit board technology and magnetic rotors to generate concentrated, efficient power and torque, CORE’s proprietary motor design replaces traditional electric motors. The motor generates torque on par with gas power so the toughest outdoor challenges can be tackled without the fill-ups, fumes or pull-starts. By delivering high-torque performance with no dependence on battery voltage, CORE technology establishes a revolutionary standard for outdoor power.
For 2016, the Cub Cadet Powered by CORE line includes a dedicated string trimmer and a unique system called the Power-Lok system. The Power-Lok system includes a string trimmer, hedge trimmer and blower attachments all designed to fit one standard Power-Lok drive unit. This system allows users to convert the drive unit into multiple tools, saving storage space and cost.
Cub Cadet Powered by CORE products will be available in Spring 2016 at Cub Cadet independent dealers and at Tractor Supply Company. They are backed by a 5-year limited product warranty and a lifetime motor warranty, giving extra assurance that your investment is built with strength and supported for years to come.
“This innovation is yet another example of how Cub Cadet is constantly working to create the future of lawn care by challenging the perceived limitations of design and technology,” said Sword.
Cub Cadet also announced an industry first, becoming the first manufacturer to offer a fuel-injected lawn tractor within in its line of XT Enduro Series lawn and garden tractors.
“Electronic fuel injection (EFI) gives you reliable performance and power with significant fuel efficiency – which is why it’s been used in the automotive industry for decades,” said Sword. “Professional landscapers have enjoyed the advantages of EFI on commercial equipment, but it has never been available for homeowners – until now. With the introduction of a fuel-injected model of the XT Enduro Series, now the tractor in your garage will have the same engine advantages as the car parked next to it.”
Starting in 2016, the new Cub Cadet 547-cc EFI engine will be available on the XT2 LX42 EFI Cub Cadet lawn tractors, part of the latest line of XT Enduro Series that set new standards in strength and comfort.
Cub Cadet’s new EFI engine reduces emissions and delivers excellent fuel consumption – using up to 25 percent less fuel than carbureted engines.
The new technology also results in lower maintenance costs as less oil changes are required. It accepts gasoline-ethanol blends up to E20, and there’s no need to drain the fuel tank to prepare the lawn tractor for off-season storage.
Additionally, the XT2 LX42 EFI features a dependable and convenient push-button start feature. This makes the tractor easy to start in all weather conditions with just the push of one button – no need to for a choke.
Cub Cadet also backs it up with a strong warranty – unlimited hours with 5-year chassis/front axle and 3-year powertrain.
Cub Cadet also introduced its PRO Z 100 Series of commercial zero-turn mowers. The PRO Z 100 Series features market-leading standard features and the most powerful commercial engines for the best overall value in its class. Features include:
* Heavy-duty design: Built to stand strong with a fully reinforced frame and Triple Guard fabricated deck with 7-, 10- and 11-gauge layers of steel. It also includes three-position, easy-adjust ROPS with spring-loaded locks and an automotive-grade corrosion defense system.
* Commercial electronic fuel-injected engines: Fuel-efficient Kohler Confidant EFI engines are available on the 48-inch deck model (25 hp.) and the 54-inch and 60-inch deck models (27 hp.). A 23.5-hp. Kawasaki FX engine is also available on the 60-inch deck model.
* Full line of new commercial-grade transmissions: The Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 features a 12-cc pump and 16-cc wheel motor design, offering responsive ground speeds up to 10 mph and 500 foot/pounds of torque for quick, smooth control.
* Performance-tuned controls: With a lap bar or steering wheel option, the PRO Z 100 Series offers less effort and less fatigue while providing better response for faster cutting and unmatched hillside stability.
* Comfort: PRO Z 100 Series includes all the comforts professionals appreciate – a standard suspension seat, roomy operator station, intuitive control panel and easier deck lift for less operator fatigue.
* Warranty: 2-year unlimited-hour commercial warranty
“Landscape professionals need equipment that shows up ready to work hard – all day, every day with no exceptions,” said Sword. “To deliver on that, we built added strength into every aspect of the PRO Z 100 Series and surrounded that strength with the best overall package of features and specs in the industry. Then we tested it – putting it in the hands of landscapers for the past six months to ensure that it is trusted to work efficiently in tough conditions, while keeping the operator comfortable.”
The PRO Z 100 SERIES will be available at Cub Cadet independent dealers this spring with an MSRP starting at $6,499.99.
For more information on all Cub Cadet products, visit www.CubCadet.com.