Sod Solutions traveled to Portland, Maine for the 33rd Annual Turf and Ornamental Communicators Association (TOCA) Meeting during the last week of April and brought home eight communications awards. Competing among some of the most reputable turfgrass industry marketing companies and publications, Sod Solutions won three First Place Awards and five Merit Awards.
First Place Awards:
- · Best instructional video: How to Lay Sod
- · Writing for company website: Sod Farm Managers Visit Workers in Mexico, See Benefits of H-2A Program
- · Writing for printed newsletters: Sod Solutions Mid-Year Turf Review 2022
- · Design: Electronic publishing- overall company web design: SatQuote™ Website
- · Design: Digital media (non website): About St. Augustine Grass
- · Writing for company website: Nashville SC Starts Season with MLS Proven Bermudagrass
- · Special Writing Project: Empire® Zoysia White Paper
- · Best long video: Latitude 36® Bermudagrass at Bryant-Denny Stadium
The TOCA conference gathers marketing and communications professionals from all over the country to a new city each spring. This year, the group ventured to New England to discuss new industry trends and topics as they enjoyed lobster rolls among views of bays, rivers and botanical gardens. The annual meeting consists of educational sessions, tours, panel discussions, presentations, networking events and more. The awards luncheon is on the final day of the meeting to recognize the communication and marketing efforts put forth by TOCA members within the green industry.
In addition to its award-winning efforts, Sod Solutions Media and Content Manager, Cecilia Brown, has been invited to join TOCA’s Board of Directors. Brown expressed her enthusiasm for this opportunity, saying, “I am thrilled to have been asked to join the TOCA Board of Directors. This is an incredible opportunity to contribute to a dynamic and passionate community of professionals who are dedicated to promoting and enhancing the green industry. I can’t wait to work with the other board members to advance the goals of the organization and contribute to its continued success.”
Sod Solutions was also chosen to host the 2023 TOCA Marketing Internship. Beginning mid-May, Elyse Kann, a rising senior at the University of Auburn will join the company in Charleston, SC for two months. In this role, she will work with Sod Solutions sales, marketing and customer service teams to understand the company’s four business units, shadow multiple roles and learn about the turfgrass industry.
Sod Solutions has helped successfully develop and release to the market over 20 different turfgrass varieties over the past three decades including PalmettoⓇ and CitraBlueⓇ St. Augustine, EMPIREⓇ, CitraZoyⓇ and InnovationⓇ Zoysia and CelebrationⓇ, Latitude 36Ⓡ and NorthBridgeⓇ Bermudagrass. The company is based in the Charleston, SC area.