Arborjet Inc., the leading manufacturer in a tree and plant care is pleased to announce that the Plant Growth Regulator, Shortstop® 2SC is now available to be used on both trees and shrubs. Applicators may use it as a soil drench for trees and shrubs and as a foliar spray for shrubs.
“Shortstop 2SC provides a number of benefits, which include the reduction in plant growth, the production of thicker, waxier leaves, increased fibrous roots, and enhanced flowering. With these changes in morphological characteristics, we are observing healthier plants that require less pruning and may express greater resistance to environmental stresses,” states Arborjet Director of Research and Development, Joe Doccola.
The addition of the shrub label will provide the following benefits for end users:
- One product may now be used for both trees and shrubs, reducing shelf space and label management
- Above ground growth regulation means less time spent shearing & shaping
- Less people power needed, allowing more time for other jobs
- Less debris generated means less dump and disposal fees
- Increased drought resistance – more fibrous roots help find available water
- Increased disease suppression – thicker, waxier leaves make it harder for fungi and fruiting bodies to take hold
- Improved appearance – treated plants typically have denser, greener leaves, show less signs of chlorosis, and have more flowers
“This is the perfect time to treat for optimal spring results. We also hope our customers will take advantage of our early order program to be well prepared for spring applications. Shortstop® 2SC contains a far greater percentage of active ingredients than other shrub treatments and is very cost-competitive. The higher level of active means far fewer containers needing to be stored in shops and vehicles, making it an ideal product for our valued customers. Additionally, like all other Arborjet products Shortstop 2SC is readily available locally through our national distribution partners.” said Arborjet President and CEO Russ Davis.