Troon, the leader in golf course management, development, and marketing, congratulates 18 of its international properties that were named in the 2021 World Golf Awards. Categories that awards were won, include World’s Best New Golf Course, World’s Best Golf Clubhouse, World’s Best 9 Hole Golf Course, and 12 Best in Country awards.
The World Golf Awards celebrate world-class golf courses and golf destinations, recognizing excellence within golf tourism. Voted for by professionals working within the golf travel and tourism industries as well as golf tourism consumers, Troon’s continued success in the awards demonstrates their continued and growing presence within world golf, in terms of overseeing some of the finest venues across the globe.
Highlights of the awards were the famous Falcon Clubhouse at Abu Dhabi Golf Club winning the World’s Best Golf Clubhouse, Dumbarnie Links winning the World’s Best New Golf Course award, and Vattanac Golf Resort – Dragon Turn winning the World’s Best 9 Hole Golf Course. Renowned for its night golf, Sir Nick Faldo designed a course in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, which boasts a dramatic landscape under the night sky, along with an impressive dragon-shaped lake that sits in the middle of three holes, offering visiting golfers a fresh and exciting approach to the game.
The Middle East had a strong showing scooping several awards including the Middle East’s Best Golf Course for Royal Greens Golf & Country Club, the Middle East’s Best 9 Hole Golf Course at Yas Links Abu Dhabi, and UAE’s Best Golf Course for Dubai Hills Golf Club.
The Kyle Phillips designed PGA National Czech Republic retained its best in country acclaim while the new Robert Trent Jones course at Madinaty Golf Club also achieved best in the country.
Mark Chapleski, Executive Vice-President of Troon International, said: “To enjoy such continued success year-on-year at the publicly voted World Golf Awards is testament to the hard work that all of our Troon-managed and affiliated courses put in globally to ensure we offer the very best in golfing experiences. Troon standards remain a coveted benchmark globally across agronomic practices, golf operations, or culinary experiences.
By securing 20 awards in fourteen countries, we are able to demonstrate tangibly that these properties are all maintained to the highest standard and merit their place as some of the best in the world. Many congratulations to all of our winners whose remarkable hard work and dedication have delivered these coveted accolades for our clients.”
All categories and award winners were:
- World’s Best New Golf Course – Dumbarnie Links
- World’s Best 9 Hole Golf Course & Cambodia’s Best Golf Course – Vattanac Golf Resort
- World’s Best Golf Clubhouse – Abu Dhabi Golf Club
- Malaysia’s Best Golf Course – The Els Club Desaru Coast – Valley Course
- India’s Best Golf Course – Prestige Golfshire
- Sri Lanka’s Best Golf Course – Victoria Golf & Country Resort
- Middle East’s Best Golf Course – Royal Greens Golf & Country Club
- Middle East’s Best 9 Hole Golf Course – Yas Links Abu Dhabi
- UAE’s Best Golf Course – Dubai Hills Golf Club
- Dubai’s Best Golf Hotel – Address Montgomerie
- Abu Dhabi’s Best Golf Course – Saadiyat Beach Golf Club
- Saudi Arabia’s Best Golf Course – Royal Greens Golf & Country Club
- Bahrain’s Best Golf Course – The Royal Golf Club
- Egypt’s Best Golf Couse – Madinaty Golf Club
- England’s Best Golf Hotel – The Grove
- Spain’s Best Golf Course – Las Colinas Golf & Country Club
- Cyprus’s Best Golf Course – Secret Valley Golf Resort
- Czech Republic’s Best Golf Course – PGA National Czech Republic
- Greece’s Best Golf Course – Costa Navarino – The Bay Course
The range of awards in this highly competitive market demonstrates the competencies of the Troon International division; the comprehensive serviceability, commitment to nurturing talent, and passion to create the ultimate experience for guests and members at award-winning venues.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company providing services at 590-plus locations around the globe, including managing 640-plus 18-hole equivalent golf courses. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management, and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages 610-plus food and beverage operations located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses, and recreational facilities. With properties located in 45-plus states and 30-plus countries, Troon’s family of brands includes Troon Golf, Troon Privé, Troon International, Honours Golf, OB Sports, Indigo Golf Partners, CADDIEMASTER, True Club Solutions, Cliff Drysdale Tennis and RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design. Troon-affiliated properties include Indian Wells Golf Resort in Indian Wells, California; Yas Links Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates; The Club at Savannah Harbor in Savannah, Georgia; and Lake of Isles in North Stonington, Connecticut. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com, or connect with Troon on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Troon Chronicles, Press Room, or subscribe to Troon Magazine.