Florida Governor Rick Scott toured the Air2G2 factory at GT AirInject, Inc., in Jacksonville, Florida, on Monday, July 16. The Governor was greeted by Glen Black, President of GT AirInject, who poted the turf industry’s value to the state’s economy to Governor Scott. Black and his staff also demonstrated how the Air2G2 air-injection process relieves compaction, increases porosity and enhances respiration in the soil column on golf courses, sports fields lawns and sod farms in Florida. Upon learning how the Air2G2 324 injects air without damaging the turf surface and helps turf managers to use less water and fewer chemicals, Governor Scott replied, “That’s pretty smart. That’s great.”
The Governor chose GT AirInject’s Air2G2 factory as the backdrop for a campaign stop to promote his bid for United States Senate as a pro-business candidate, and to announce his endorsement by the National Federation of Independent Business, a pro-business organization of which GT AirInject is a member.
During the press conference, held on the factory floor and surrounded by brand new Air2G2 324machines and the people who build them, Governor Scott expanded on the GTAirInject story. “This company is less than eight years old and, if you look at the map, they’re selling products in over 50 countries. They’re all across the United States. And it’s because Glen and his team have put together a great business model, and it’s done really well,” Governor Scott said.
“To have the Governor come to see the Air2G2 324 machine for himself, and to single out our company as an innovator in the State, lends a great deal of credibility to GT AirInject, our staff and our line of air-injection products,” Black said. “We hope it means our brand will be more recognized and will raise the curiosity of those who don’t know about the machine and they will want to learn more about what it does.”
The Air2G2 is not only assembled in Jacksonville but is manufactured primarily with parts made in the United States. To emphasize the point, Black invited representatives of key parts vendors including: Kohler, maker of the engines used in the Air2G2 324, based in Kohler, Wisconsin; and FABCO, maker of the Air2G2 324’s pneumatic cylinders, based in Gainesville, Florida, among others.
The Air2G2 324 uses an environmentally-friendly, patented air-injection process to increase drainage and porosity, relieve compaction, promote healthy roots and aid in player safety on turfgrass surfaces in stadiums, on university campuses, golf courses, soccer, football and baseball fields, polo and lacrosse fields, lawns and sod farms.
FAST FACTS: GT AirInect, Inc.:
- Founded in Northeast Florida by Glen Black
- Company is nearly 8 years old, November 2010
- Employs 17 Floridians
- Makers of the Air2G2 324, Air2HP, forthcoming Air2GO, Air2G2 636
- Sold more than 500 Air2G2 machines in 52 countries and 41 states
- WHAT AIR2G2 DOES: The Air2G2 324 uses an environmentally-friendly, patented air-injection process to increase drainage, promote healthy roots and aid in player safety on turfgrass surfaces in stadiums, on university campuses, golf courses, soccer, football and baseball fields, polo and lacrosse fields, lawns and sod farms.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: One of GT AirInject’s core missions is to enhance the life of the turf and the roots through the injection of air, which is environmentally friendly.
- PLAYER SAFETY: GT AirInject is passionately focused on player safety. The Air2G2 324 helps to minimize injury to players through the conditioning of the turf.
- Sports Turf Managers Association 2015 Innovation Award
- HSBC 2016 Golf Business Forum Innovation Award
- Lawn and Landscape Twenty for 2017 New Product Awards program
- FLORIDA FACILITIES LOCATIONS OF NOTE THAT USE AIR2G2: Sample List
o EverBank Field home of the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL Team
o Doak Campbell Stadium, Florida State University in Tallahassee
o ESPN Wide World of Sports in Orlando at Walt Disney World
o Calusa Pines and Pelican Bay Golf Club in Naples
About GT AirInject
GT AirInject, Inc. is based in Jacksonville, Florida. It is known worldwide for the widely successful Air2G2 324, which uses Air2G2 air-injection process to relieve Compaction, increase Porosity and enhance Respiration. The Air2G2 324 is distributed internationally and is used at world-class facilities such as Desert Mountain, The Club at Pelican Bay, Indian Ridge CC, West Point Military Academy, and by professional sports teams such as the Chicago Cubs, Real Madrid Football Club, Houston ASTROS, and many other sports teams and golf clubs. For more information, please visit air2g2.com, email email@example.com, on social media @Air2G2Official or call (904) 379-2243.
FACTORY TOUR VIDEO: Glen Black, president of GT AirInject, and Jarren Stevens, production manager, lead Governor Rick Scott through a tour of the Air2G2 324 manufacturing process at the Jacksonville factory.