Topping the last two record-setting years, the 2016 GIE+EXPO (Green Industry & Equipment Expo) is shaping up to be even bigger. With more than 230 new exhibitors, including those in the co-located Hardscape North America (HNA); increased exhibit space – both indoors and outdoors; new education and big-name speakers on the lineup, GIE+EXPO participation from all segments of the industry is going strong.
- Attendee pre-registration is running ahead of last year’s 11% increase.
- Exhibitor participation is up with 230 new exhibitors, an increase in space for many large-scale exhibitors and a total of over 900 GIE+EXPO and HNA exhibits, indoors and out. The indoor show floor will be 80,000 square feet larger – a 17 percent increase over 2015.
- The Outdoor Demonstration Area will be 20 acres, up from 19. It will feature some elaborate exhibits, including UTVs and other exciting features.
- More new product introductions are expected, with a sold out New Products Showcase and more than 30 exhibitors hosting press conferences.
- Hardscape North America, co-located with GIE+EXPO, has increased in size by over 25% over 2015. It will be in the North Wing this year to accommodate its growth.
- Over 700 GIE+EXPO contractor attendees are expected to sign up for hardscape education presented by the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute.
- Pre-registration for education is up across the board, and new programming, including the Dealer Day keynote luncheon, two Power-Up morning sessions for dealers and an opening keynote for landscapers, is going strong.
- The new UTV University is expected to draw over 350 registrants.
- The Kentucky Turfgrass Council has moved its annual Golf & Sports Turf Management Conference to be held at the Kentucky Exposition Center alongside GIE+EXPO.
- Exhibitors are contributing to the excitement with a wide variety of giveaways, including:
- – FABULOUS FRIDAY $10,000 GIVEAWAY – Every show registrant receives an entry form and instructions for entering along with their badge. You must be present Friday, Oct. 21 to win. Sponsored by Belgard.
- – STIHL – One lucky dealer will win $5,000 during Wednesday’s dealer welcome reception.
- – GRAVELY – One landscape contractor will win Gravely’s Equipment Giveaway. An entry form and instructions will be sent with each registration badge. The winner will be drawn on Friday, October 21 at 3 PM.
- – CUB CADET – The PRO Z 900 is the flagship series of Cub Cadet’s new commercial zero-turn mowers. Visit the Cub Cadet booth 5116 for a chance to win.
- – PROJECT EVERGREEN/EXMARK – Project EverGreen, in conjunction with Exmark Manufacturing, is offering a chance to win an Exmark Lazer Z-X Series Mower – a $14,000 value! The drawing will be October 21 in the Project EverGreen booth 10154 at GIE+EXPO. (Winner need not be present). Individual tickets are $10 or 6 tickets for $50; 12/$100; 18/$150; 24/$200. All proceeds support the Project EverGreen’s “Healthy Turf. Healthy Kids.” Initiative.
- – SFA COMPANIES EVO IX GIVEAWAY – SFA Companies is giving away an EVO IX indoor cycle. Stop by booth 6018 to enter for a chance to win.
- – ROBOMOW – Attendees can stop by the RoboMow booth (24092) to enter for a chance to win a robotic lawn mower.
- – MEAN GREEN MOWERS – Mean Green Mowers is giving away a powerful, quiet, electric backpack blower. Visit the Mean Green Mowers booth (21090) to enter.
GIE+EXPO’s 2016 dates are Wednesday, Oct. 19, Dealer Day and Oct. 20-21 for all industry participants. The annual event is sponsored by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, Inc. (OPEI), Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) and National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP). HNA is sponsored by the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI).
For information: www.gie-expo.com. Other contact points: Facebook, info@GIE-EXPO.com, Twitter @GIE_EXPO and 800-558-8767/812-949-9200.